To use the application given on the website, you must have already filed a claim for unemployment insurance benefits. After you filed your unemployment insurance claim, you will receive “Unemployment Insurance
Instructions and Appointment Notice” including information:
- The date to claim your first benefits.
- Appointments for which you may be scheduled.
- Instructions for claiming your unemployment insurance benefits.
You will not receive notification informing you when to claim your benefits so it is advisable to keep a record of your certifications.
Benefits are claimed every two weeks. It is your responsibility to claim your benefits and to remain current with your requests for benefit payment.
- Visit the official link at www.njuifile.net web address to access the website.
- Open the homepage of the website to claim your unemployment insurance benefits.
- Once there, there is a link that says “Claim Your Weekly Benefits” link given in the middle on the page, click it in order to proceed.
- Read the statement given on next page. You have to agree with this statement and follow all rules mentioned in the statement.
- You have to acknowledge that you understand this statement and wish to file Claim at this website.
- Click the “Continue” button to continue.
- Hit on the “Click Here” button to Claim Bi-Weekly Unemployment Benefits.
- You will be directed on the next window where you will be asked to fill out the form with required information.
- First you need to provide your social security number.
If you choose to leave this application, please use the ‘Exit’ button. Your account will be locked and you will not be able to claim benefits through this application or the telephone certification process until you speak with a claims agent if you use any other method to exit from this application.