The State Health Benefit Plan gives health insurance plans to retirees, state workers, school system workers and their dependents. The Georgia Department of Community Health’s Public Employee is in charge of SHBP. It has more than 658,709 people.
What are the basic requirements for the registration of account?
It is necessary to fulfill the following requirements in order to register an account:
- User need to have a computer with the internet access.
- You must have the state health benefit plan policy number.
What are the main steps for the enrollment of account?
You have to follow the given step-wise instructions to access the account:
- Visit the authorized website of SHBP to avail the health benefits plan. Follow the given link www.myshbp.ga.gov
- You need to click on the button marked as “Login” if you are an existing user of the account.
- For this purpose you have to enter policy number and password in given fields and click on login button.
- If you are not a registered member on the website then firstly click on the link labeled as “Register” to create an account.
- Now type the policy number of SHBP without dashes in the mentioned space.
- Add your date of birth in the next blank. Select a password for your account which must be between eight to twenty characters long and also contain lowercase and uppercase letter.
- For the confirmation of given password you need to re-type it in next blank.
- Further pick up a security question and answer it accordingly in the given box.
- Lastly tick on the tab highlighted as “Register” to finish the process of enrollment.