If you are eligible to renew driver license by mail you can renew it over the Internet. In order to process your renewal, you must be the person named on the renewal notice and not have a change of address. You must Register as a certified user with the DMV and have a verified Social Security Number on DMV record plus a valid credit card or a checking account.
Follow the instructions for online renewal process:
- Visit the official website by accessing the link that is www.dmv.ca.gov
- Once there, select “online services” tab and hit on the “Driver license Renewal” link.
- On next page, read information carefully and hit on the “Driver license Renewal” button to get started.
- You need to sign in.
- Enter in your user ID and password.
- Hit on the “Log In” button.
- Not Registered? If you want to login, you will need to register first.
- Hit on the ‘Register” button.
- Fill out the registration form.
- Create a user ID and password.
- Verify your password.
- Enter in your email address.
- Enter your email address again for confirmation.
- Choose security question and save answers in given fields.
- Enter in DL/ID number.
- Enter in your date of birth.
- Provide the last 4 digits of your SSN.
- DL/ID Issue Date.
- Tick the check box if you would like to receive general emails from company.
- Hit on the “Register” button.
For assistance with technical issues while using our online services you may contact customer service center at 1-877-563-5213. You will get assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.