Alabama Unemployment Compensation claim launched a compensation procedure for the unemployed people by allowing them to file their claim and get benefits. Filing a claim is an easy process and takes only a few minutes.
- You are required to have a PC with in internet connection.
- You should possess your SSN.
- You must have the history record of your previous one and half year of job including names, addresses, contact numbers of the employer’s business and dates of employments.
- If you are not resident of United States you must keep the registration alien number handy.
- You need to have savings or checking account number and routing number of bank.
Ineligibility to file a claim
You are not eligible for filing claim if:
- You worked out of Alabama State in your last one and half years.
- You worked as merchant seaman.
- You worked for Federal Government.
- You are recently out of State.
- You have filed a claim against State in last one and half year.
- Open the website at given link www.dir.alabama.gov to file a claim.
- Click on the button which is labeled as “file unemployment” found at the bottom of the page.
- On proceeding you need to click on the link mentioned as “New unemployment claim” and then press the tab “Continue”.
- You will find the procedures to file the claim of unemployment like if you want to go through internet processing follow the link located at the end of the page marked as “Proceed”.
- Next you need to go through the requirements and after reading them tick the “Proceed” button.
- Enter all the required information like SSN and four digits of identity number in the respective blanks and click on the Continue button.
- You need to follow all the instructions mentioned on screen and file your claim.