U.S. Water News Online
MASON, Ohio — An indoor water park north of Cincinnati is being sued over illnesses reported by patrons last year.
Plaintiff Todd Hinners seeks more than $75,000 from the Great Wolf Lodge in Mason, claiming he coughed and then vomited when he visited the facility with family in Feb. 2007. His attorney says a doctor chosen by Great Wolf found that Hinners' ailment was caused by fumes at the water park.
Dozens of people complained of rashes, coughing and other minor respiratory or flu-like symptoms after visiting Great Wolf Lodge early last year. An investigation by health officials was inconclusive, though Warren County's director of environmental health said the illnesses might have been caused by chlorine in the air.
The company has at least 21 days to respond to the lawsuit.
Click here to subscribe to e-Water News Weekly!